Sunday, February 22, 2009
Toxins and You!
I do care that there are toxins in the environment because it does affect us long term. We breathe in these toxins, it goes into our lungs and disperses into our blood stream then into our bodies. This can result in altercations in our dna like premature aging(wrinkles), cancers, along with other negative effects. Apart from human beings, it also effects the environment we live in & animals around in a not so positive manner. Yes, we should do something about the mining waste in our community. I couldn't tell you what exactly per say because I'm not in the toxicity business nor have much knowledge of it's prevention but I'm sure with all our technological advances we could find a way to reduce the amount emitted in the air. I think if the toxicity is getting to the point where it's visibly effecting our environment then it's really time to start taking some action, however, we shouldn't always let things get to their worst to start doing something about it. As humans, I noticed we tend to do that a lot. If we do clean it up we could store the nastiness compressed into tight lock-sealed canisters, haha, I really don't know but it was an idea :] We can avoid adding more toxins to the environment by informing ourselves and others of the negative effects it puts on us & our environment. Also informing eachother about what does exactly emit toxins in the air, there are several things out there that do contribute most wouldn't know about. For example a cow's fart actually emitts a significant amount of methane into the air. Like they say knowledge is power so if more people just knew about the whole situation & simple things they can do to help, I believe they would!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with what you said about knowledge: "Knowledge is power so if more people just knew about the whole situation & simple things they can do to help, I believe they would!" It's surprising to find how many people are just ignorant to certain facts about our environment. Whether it's because they choose to ignore it or because they're just ignoring it is irrelevant. Just by learning about the toxins in our environment is the first step to stopping them altogether!
ReplyDeleteI will agree with you and matt- "knowledge is power." People do not want to deal with reality because they do not want to take responsibility for it or think by ignoring the problem some how it will all go away. however this is not the case. And your right, hiding it away somewhere does not make it go away either. we need to find a better solution to preventing toxins from leaking and finding a better way of storing and getting rid of them.
ReplyDeletelindsay blincow